polizei !

i got a demand for 140 euro fine for crossing at a red light ( witnessed by 2 police ) . I appealed on grounds that light changed as i was mid-road. on the night in question cop said if i went to atm i could pay 30 euro there and then. ive lost the appeal , written reply say s nothing in charge has changed materially . I also said that i was on pension income and this was excessive. Is there any way out of this.? ( told em i was willing to pay 30 to have done with it . Hilfe ! ps anyone know what happens if i dont pay ?

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
calgar Austria

polizei !

Post by calgar »

demand for 140 fine for crossing at a red light ( witnessed by 2 police ) . I appealed on grounds that light changed as i was mid-road i think it was blinking green as usu happens for 4 to 5 seconds ....
on the night in question cop said if i went to atm i could pay 30 euro there and then.
ive lost the appeal , written reply say s nothing in charge has changed materially . I also said that i was on pension income and this was excessive.
Is there any way out of this.? ( told em i was willing to pay 30 to have done with it .)
Hilfe !
ps anyone know what happens if i dont pay ?

morgenhund EUROPEAN_UNION
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: polizei !

Post by morgenhund »

The fine probably constitutes a Verwaltungsübertretung under the StVO - it'll always be your word against the police's.
Failure to pay, especially following an appeal could result in the fine being increased further, and if there is a subsequent further failure to pay possible a most severe punishment. Unless you have a Rechtsschutzversicherung, it is likely to be more expensive to contest it further.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.