polizei !

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
calgar Austria

polizei !

Post by calgar »

demand for 140 fine for crossing at a red light ( witnessed by 2 police ) . I appealed on grounds that light changed as i was mid-road i think it was blinking green as usu happens for 4 to 5 seconds ....
on the night in question cop said if i went to atm i could pay 30 euro there and then.
ive lost the appeal , written reply say s nothing in charge has changed materially . I also said that i was on pension income and this was excessive.
Is there any way out of this.? ( told em i was willing to pay 30 to have done with it .)
Hilfe !
ps anyone know what happens if i dont pay ?

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: polizei !

Post by morgenhund »

The fine probably constitutes a Verwaltungsübertretung under the StVO - it'll always be your word against the police's.
Failure to pay, especially following an appeal could result in the fine being increased further, and if there is a subsequent further failure to pay possible a most severe punishment. Unless you have a Rechtsschutzversicherung, it is likely to be more expensive to contest it further.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
Averyius Scotland

Post by Averyius »

Cops and judges are a bunch of megalomanic sadists, thugs and mafia arseholes. All a bunch of idiots. They just make excuses for ripping people off and get a thrill out of having power. Especially just now during the CCP virus time and the big loss of revenue, they have no money and look for any excuse to steal it from the plebs. As long as the majority of the people are slavish authority believers, cowards and egoists, nothing will change. Best to avoid any contact with the King Canutes altogether as much as possible. Don´t cross the road at traffic lights if you see any cops around. Just keep your eyes peeled for them. They have the whole system stitched up for their own benefit and unless you have several witnesses (may not help anyway) all you can do is pay, otherwise they lock you up for a couple of weeks. A lawyer would cost you more and are usually a part of the mafia mob. The only way they would be just and fair is if something was a big deal and became public and they felt threatened for not acting so. Democracy, justice, bills of rights, constitutions - keep dreaming! Welcome to the world of reality.
curmudgeon Great Britain
VIP
VIP

Post by curmudgeon »

Averyius wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:53 pm Cops and judges are a bunch of megalomanic sadists, thugs and mafia arseholes. All a bunch of idiots. They just make excuses for ripping people off and get a thrill out of having power. Especially just now during the CCP virus time and the big loss of revenue, they have no money and look for any excuse to steal it from the plebs. As long as the majority of the people are slavish authority believers, cowards and egoists, nothing will change. Best to avoid any contact with the King Canutes altogether as much as possible. Don´t cross the road at traffic lights if you see any cops around. Just keep your eyes peeled for them. They have the whole system stitched up for their own benefit and unless you have several witnesses (may not help anyway) all you can do is pay, otherwise they lock you up for a couple of weeks. A lawyer would cost you more and are usually a part of the mafia mob. The only way they would be just and fair is if something was a big deal and became public and they felt threatened for not acting so. Democracy, justice, bills of rights, constitutions - keep dreaming! Welcome to the world of reality.
Afraid I can't share your perception of the police. A job in the police gave one of my wife's family a real sense of purpose, as did his military service. He struggled his way through school, but has made something of himself. Possibly I am just too law-abiding.
Averyius Scotland

Post by Averyius »

Nah! just haven´t been in Vienna long enough.