For busy people who love to write
More of a boot camp than a workshop, Creative Writing on the Go will show you ways to significantly improve your writing while managing a busy life. You will be challenged to create an unforgettable story with a distinct authorial and narrative voice and unique insights—the kind of winning story publishers yearn to print.
Australian short story writer, Paul Malone will coach you through this “breakout” writing boot camp. You’ll embark on an enchanting writing journey, equipped with guidelines and writing tips, kept in good company with your writing buddies, and bounded only by the boot camp’s generous framework—the essential crucible for your story alchemy.
Boot camp outcomes:
• 2 stories (first drafts)
• 1 revised story ready for editing and potential publication
• Improved writing skills and understanding of the elements of fiction
For beginner to advanced writers, the boot camp includes:
• A creative writing exercise sheet to prime your imagination for the boot camp
• A boot camp briefing in the inspiring spring surrounds of Lainzer Tiergarten*
• Writing guidelines, including prompts and constraints
• A rotational writing buddy system to help you reflect and revise
• A weekly email to keep you on track
• A boot camp debriefing at Nature Park Purkersdorf*
Dates: April 3rd to May 1st 2016
Booking: http://www.writenow.com (under “Workshop Descriptions”)
See overleaf for an excerpt of the warm-up creative writing exercises.
*All locations readily accessible by public transport