German language school recommendations for a 2 week vacation in Vienna?

Questions about studying (at Uni) or learning (at schools) in Vienna.
Fluffy

German language school recommendations for a 2 week vacation in Vienna?

Post by Fluffy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Vienna for two weeks this summer and both of us have studied german many years ago and want to combine our vacation with a couple of hours of german everyday before "immersing" ourselves and practicing in bars and cafes and such. :)

I looked through the forum and found some lists of schools, but was wondering if anyone here had any experience with actually attending any of them? We were looking at Deutschakademie or acti lingua, although at this point we're really leaning towards the former. Searching the web for reviews doesn't yield much that seems unbiased.

Any experiences or recommendations you can share? Rank speculation would be welcome too! :wink:

Luvbeers England
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech

Re: German language school recommendations for a 2 week vacation in Vienna?

Post by Luvbeers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 am

I wouldn't want to sit in class during the summer. Take some german classes where ever you are before you come. Then enjoy yourselves while you are here.
Words of Advice For Young People: "Never do business with a religious son-of-a-bitch. His word ain't worth a shit -- not with the Good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal." - William S. Burroughs

Fluffy

Re: German language school recommendations for a 2 week vacation in Vienna?

Post by Fluffy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Haha! Thats not a bad way to do it either! I'm doing duolingo to brush up, but we're both horribly academic and taking summer school classes is actually our idea of a holiday... :D We've been planning a trip to S. America to learn Spanish while at a homestay and he wants to go to India to learn hindi and I would go to do a Yoga course. Some people skydive, we get excited at the idea of sitting in classes and learning things. :roll:
The classes we're looking at all end before noon though, which, I suspect, if we weren't planning on taking classes is probably when we would roll out of bed. So this way we're productive all day!

Was This Topic Useful?