The Barratt Vienna Awards

Let site users know about your latest blog posts
Robert Barratt European Union
Expert
Expert

The Barratt Vienna Awards

Post by Robert Barratt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:29 am

In case you missed it, beat of the crushing reality of a return to work this week (actually, it's not too bad. The streets are quiet, the public transport is empty and the snow is coming) with Robert Barratt's annual Vienna Awards. We have the sharing economy, projects, weather, culture, a podcast, day trips, an exhibition and a strange meeting with a fellow Briton who had an uncanny resemblance to actor and writer Simon Pegg. More here:
https://rjbvienna.wordpress.com/2018-2 ... ards-2018/

Ps - And a Happy New Year to you all!

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: The Barratt Vienna Awards

Post by morgenhund » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:00 am

As ever another wonderful year of posts about the vexations of this wonderful city. And thanks for the podcast tip - I heard it being advertised at the end of some other BBC podcasts in the autumn, and have been meaning to download it.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Expert
Expert

Post by Robert Barratt » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:38 am

Hey, thanks as always. 2019 will be the 7th year of the blog. If it were a Harry Potter novel then this year would all be about searching for the scattered soul of Voldemort (I feel his pain). All I can say is, it's time to get serious :)

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:42 pm

Who could be a suitable substitute for Voldemort? Kickl? Hofer? Strache?

The podcast is brilliant - great length for my commute to work, I'll be ripping through it at a fair lick I think!
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Expert
Expert

Post by Robert Barratt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 pm

I thought the podcast was one of the best from last year. Especially as I am starting to grow weary of the podcasts interviewing other podcasters or a seemingly finite number of guests (who often tell the same stories on different podcasts). As for the Austrian Voldemort, it is a tricky one, so many to choose from ...

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Robert Barratt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 pm
Podcasts interviewing other podcasters or a seemingly finite number of guests (who often tell the same stories on different podcasts).
Yes - it gives me the impression that it is all a bit incestuous. I found Susan Calman's Mrs. Brightside podcast interesting though. And I am starting to long for Brexit-free podcasts!

Was This Topic Useful?