Visitingvienna.com

Spotted elsewhere but useful info for visitors...

A lot of people also ask about information for visiting Vienna - from a stopover to a vacation.
morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Visitingvienna.com

Post by morgenhund » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 am

I recently saw a post about the site www.visitingvienna.com - which is written by a Brit who has been here for a long time and has a lot of visitor information.

Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Robert Barratt European Union
Expert
Expert

Re: Visitingvienna.com

Post by Robert Barratt » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Great source of information (both for visitor and resident). I particularly like this observation in the driving in Vienna section:

"Want to know the smallest measurable unit of time in the universe? It’s the time between the lights going green and the car behind you using their horn to point this out to you."

It doesn't get greener!

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Visitingvienna.com

Post by morgenhund » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:52 pm

I quite like the way he writes - there were a number of nice little remarks like:
Learn about local speed limits (which aren’t always displayed on signs) and how people coming from German autobahns are helping fight the Austrian national debt.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Was This Topic Useful?