New law for Kindergeld

Giving birth in Austria. Information about the Kindergeld law from 1 march 2017

Forum about family life in Vienna - bringing up toddlers, children, teens, associated bureaucracy...
JellyBean Bulgaria

New law for Kindergeld

Post by JellyBean » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello Expats :)

Me and my fiance are living in Vienna for 6 months now, we are EU citizens and we both have our own Gewerbe (Firma) so we are self employed.
Now I found out that I am 2 months pregnant. I went to a doctor, and I got a mutter kind pass.
Unfortunately we don't speak good German, so I have a lot of questions.

What is a good hospital for giving birth? I have sva insurance and private insurance, so I would like a good birth clinic that provides also some additional tests that I need during my pregnancy.

What are the steps I need to take next? When I should stop working and apply for Wochengeld/ Kinderbetreungsgeld? And where to (which institution) apply for them?

Yesterday I saw in a newspaper the new law for kids born in Austria from 1.3.2017, this is the website: http://www.bmfj.gv.at/ but they do not provide many info's in English, so I am lost...

Can someone please help me somehow. I need all the information I can get.

Thanks In advance.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: New law for Kindergeld

Post by morgenhund » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 pm

JellyBean wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:48 pm
Hello Expats :)
What is a good hospital for giving birth? I have sva insurance and private insurance, so I would like a good birth clinic that provides also some additional tests that I need during my pregnancy.
We used FetoMed and Privatklinik Döbling. Also looked around Goldenes Kreuz but preferred Döbling.
JellyBean wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:48 pm
What are the steps I need to take next? When I should stop working and apply for Wochengeld/ Kinderbetreungsgeld? And where to (which institution) apply for them?
Would call the number here: http://www.wkoratgeber.at/rg/kinderbetreuungsgeldsv/

Would recommend you sign up to VBC (Vienna Babies Club) - it costs EUR 35, but the amount of information and recommendations you get as well as a social life for your baby and you is excellent.

www.viennababiesclub.com
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

JellyBean Bulgaria

Re: New law for Kindergeld

Post by JellyBean » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Thank you so much. Every information is precious for me now :)

Was This Topic Useful?