Familienbonus Plus (from 1.1.2019)

The Familienbonus Plus will allow parents to claim upto EUR 1,500 p.a. back per child (max. 3 children) with effect from 1 January 2019. It can be either directly credited to salaries (once an E30 form is filled out) or claimed when you submit your tax return.

Forum about family life in Vienna - bringing up toddlers, children, teens, associated bureaucracy...
morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Familienbonus Plus (from 1.1.2019)

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:02 pm

The information and press release from the https://www.bmf.gv.at/aktuelles/Familienbonusplus.html contains basic information in German about the new Familienbonus Plus which should hopefully make a bit of a difference to parents, as it allowed up to EUR 1,500 p.a. to be claimed back per child (for up to 3 children). Feel free to share experiences here.

Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Robert Barratt European Union
Expert
Expert

Re: Familienbonus Plus (from 1.1.2019)

Post by Robert Barratt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks for the link.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Familienbonus Plus (from 1.1.2019)

Post by morgenhund » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 am

I'll be interested to hear how it works for the self-employed - in my (Angestellte) case I have had the E30 done so it should be reflected in my salary payment, and can confirm that it is possible to have it paid to me as sole earner while my wife is karenziert and the form allows payment to either one or both parents and to the one who receives Familienbeihilfe or the one who doesn't. Seemed almost too easy a submission though.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Was This Topic Useful?