Social Events - currently on hold

Social and cultural events open to all VE members.
morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Social Events - currently on hold

Post by morgenhund »

Due to the prevailing situation (currently lockdown in Vienna until 13 April at the earliest) we are unable to hold any events. This means that the first barbecue will undoubtedly be cancelled (due to be held 5 April)

Stadt Wien has advised that the barbecue areas (Grillplätze) are currently closed.
(https://www.wien.gv.at/amtshelfer/umwel ... erung.html)

Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Social Events - currently on hold

Post by morgenhund »

Barbecues are back on and we are holding events outdoors while observing social distancing.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
Lazzo United States of America

Post by Lazzo »

Glad to hear, look forward to a time when we can meet up again.
Averyius Scotland

Post by Averyius »

I have just written to the Wiener Gewässer people and asked if and when it will be possible to book the BBQ sites again. I have previously booked and paid for a couple of them and would even pay for 10 or more events if no one else does.
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

We are monitoring the situation - currently still not open for reservations afaik.

https://www.wien.gv.at/amtshelfer/umwel ... erung.html
Averyius Scotland

Post by Averyius »

Attention all Vienna Expat friends / members: just checked to see the possibilities for booking the BBQ sites on the island this year. Hit like a bombshell. Very few possibilities this year at any of the sites! Mostly during the week and end of the year!!! Either they have all been booked already or something weird is going on. It is allowed to book now but practically no chances on a weekend. I say we go for private BBQ´s in the free zone in the bay over on the Floridsdorf side of the river near the Brigittenauerbrücke. Some of you know it as I organised Aniko´s birthday there a few years ago. We would have to take small portable BBQ´s with us. What do you think anyone reading this? Fabio? Martina? Marcello? Duschan? Joel? Raphael? Manu? etc. ? I will phone the Magistrates office / Wiener Gewässer dealing with BBQ´s and ask about the free zone. Give me some feedback folks.
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

I think Andreas has booked some dates, but had a similar experience
Averyius Scotland

Re: Barbecues

Post by Averyius »

The BBQ sites were indeed rapidly booked out after the 10th May. Anyone wanting to have regular BBQ´s on a weekend can come to the free zone once we get fully organised with fixing dates. If we get to the free zone early enough, which I can do as it is just across the river from me, we can get a good place. We need enough people willing to do it this way, some of whom must take their own small BBQ grills since there are no concrete ones like at the paid sites, but we need to stay in touch by phone. Duschan and Martina are interested. Marcelo and Joel cannot be reached just now. I have no other phone numbers. So if people get in touch with one another we can hopefully get organised before the season is over. Better than nothing.