Site revamp

Whats going on in the world around us
morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Site revamp

Post by morgenhund » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks for your patience over the last few days! Vienna Expats is up and running again. We have a faster, stronger and larger server space and have updated from Joomla 1.5 to 3.1. The forums remain in PHPBB3 but we've ditched Jfusion and gone for p8pbb - and hopefully you'll soon see the benefits. Events calendars will soon be live - also integrated into the forums so those of you using tapatalk will also get event lists in forums.

Google AdSense banners will return - they help keep the site running at no cost to you.

Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Luvbeers England
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech

Re: Site revamp

Post by Luvbeers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

Well done Admins! Is there space for a header image at top instead of just the logo? If so give me the dimension and I will come up with a couple ideas.
Words of Advice For Young People: "Never do business with a religious son-of-a-bitch. His word ain't worth a shit -- not with the Good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal." - William S. Burroughs

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks luvbeers - will get back to you on this - shouldn't be a problem - will check this evening.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

rbngsjhnn

Post by rbngsjhnn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Well done, thanks!

dribbles

Post by dribbles » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 am

i cant seem to be able to post a new topic in the Events forum..... do I need glasses or am I missing something.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:07 am

I think only moderators can create VE events dribbles, as we want to state which internet events are organised and managed by VE and which are other events happening, but not organised by us. For the second ones we have the Whats Up In Vienna topic
http://www.vienna-expats.at/index.php/communityforums/3

bess

Post by bess » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:13 am

not sure if i am missing something here, but where is the For Sale area?
Thanks
Bess

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:51 pm

bess wrote:not sure if i am missing something here, but where is the For Sale area?
Thanks
Bess
Hello Bess,
it's here: Fleamarket section
http://vienna-expats.at/communityforums/228.html

bess

Post by bess » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks Tatt :)

ncra016

Post by ncra016 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi
I have recently arrived in Vienna and recently joined this site. However, I cannot post a topic... I looked in the FAQ's but the instructions there were no help either. I go the forum or topic but can find no-where that says "post new topic" or similar. Please can you help?
Thanks in advance!

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:52 pm

ncra016 wrote:Hi
I have recently arrived in Vienna and recently joined this site. However, I cannot post a topic... I looked in the FAQ's but the instructions there were no help either. I go the forum or topic but can find no-where that says "post new topic" or similar. Please can you help?
Thanks in advance!
Hello ncra016!

As a new user your posts have to be approved to make sure they're not spam - it's our last line of defense against capable and regular spammers!

I will remove you from the 'new user' list so you can make posts without approval from now on.

regards,
VE Modertor

Bramish England
Master
Master

Post by Bramish » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 pm

I also can't post a new topic, and I've been around ages.

Deleted User 12598

Post by Deleted User 12598 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:54 pm

I was trying to post a new topic in Sports Talk forum but can't find a button to do so. Even though there is text at the bottom that says "You *can* post new topics in this forum". Not sure if it's because I'm a newbie or related to the site revamp.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:32 am

NoKangaroo wrote:I was trying to post a new topic in Sports Talk forum but can't find a button to do so. Even though there is text at the bottom that says "You *can* post new topics in this forum". Not sure if it's because I'm a newbie or related to the site revamp.
Hey; I checked your accounts (and Bramish's) and it looks fine, and I also transferred your permissions to my user and checked and I can see the New Topic button - see attachment red X.

Could you let me know which browser you're using? We test the site with Chrome, IE and Firefox. There are some differences in layout but functionally everything should work.

This is the direct link for a new topic in Sports Talk, could you also check that
http://vienna-expats.at/communityforums ... html?f=223
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deleted User 12598

Post by Deleted User 12598 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

For some reason, it turned out to be browser-based. I was using Chrome, and never was able to see that new topic button (enabled/disabled AdBlock, enabled/disabled/cleared cookies, etc).

But with Firefox, I was able to see it immediately. So "works for me" now.

Thanks for looking into it.

Bramish England
Master
Master

Post by Bramish » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am

I use Chrome and have done for as long as I can remember. This has only cropped up in the last few days. Here's what I see:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Not been near anything recently so must be something css-based perhaps with a newer version of chrome that is causing this layout issue.

chefsmith Ireland
Master
Master

Post by chefsmith » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 pm

I also had constant issues with replying or posting, I switched to tapatalk and it's great stuff.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:23 am

I think we have found the issue; we have only 'british english' language pack installed, and when you use a browser which sets your language as US English (like Chrome by default) you do not see some of the action buttons.

We should solve this today it's not a big fix.

Was This Topic Useful?