Pride & Prejudice 10th Anniversary Edition

Tell us about that book you just finished or movie you just saw.
Kerstin
Expert
Expert

Post by Kerstin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:43 am

Hi
I bought the 3 DVD set in US which comes in a beautiful sleeve along with a book that tells of the location hunt, the design of the movie and all kinds of background information.
This edition is well worth the money (40 Dollars). But it's region 1 and so far I could not find this special edition in Region 2 with German subtitles.

The movie itself is the six part BBC mini series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle as Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet which was first screened 1995. The third DVD is an extra: one hour with interviews about the making of the movie with all the main actors, in addition to some background information on Jane Austen, obviously an American documentary.

Becaue of the comprehensive description of the filming locations (some National Trust properties) in the 117 page book "The Making of Pride and Prejudice" the book itself might serve as a "tour guide" for my next holiday in the UK.

What I found striking watching the specials DVD: A lot of the male actors (if not all) admitted that they liked the book Pride and Prejudice. And I thought it is a typical ladies thing.

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. (Nietzsche)

djbraun
Professional
Professional

Post by djbraun » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:59 am

Men were often fans of Jane Austen. Soldiers in WWI called themselves 'Janeites' and Rudyard Kipling wrote a short story about Jan(e)ites as well.

Snowdog
Master
Master

Post by Snowdog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:43 am

Good series, however I think Emma is the best of her filmed works or books. That is from a "guys" perspective.

80% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at, author unknown

Was This Topic Useful?