Just saw Kick Ass

Tell us about that book you just finished or movie you just saw.
Bramish England
Master
Master

Just saw Kick Ass

Post by Bramish » Mon May 10, 2010 5:15 pm

I love comic books, although hadn't read this one. But I've barely seen a comic book adaptation that didn't suck. I went into this not expecting much, and not really knowing anything about it other than that it involved a normal kid who wanted to be a superhero. I thought it was going to be a Superbad style comedy and not much else (and I'm not a huge fan of American comedy in that vein).

But I came out mind blown. It exceeded all expectations. It managed to be funny, kind of slapstick, yet still really dark. the pace and mood was perfect throughout and it's one of the few films I've seen that I can't name a single thing I didn't like about it.

manu
Expert
Expert

Just saw Kick Ass

Post by manu » Mon May 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I watched it too last week and I agree, it was great! And actually, Hitgirl is kick-ass ;)
But then he is from the Latin race and they are passionate about everything... The only thing an Englishman gets passionate about is the merits of his ale or a pair of fighting cocks. From "Company of Liars"

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just saw Kick Ass

Post by Tatt » Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Hmm, I was going to see this last week but changed to Date Night because I thought it would be just sugar coated slapstick.

I'll have to give it another go.

Andreas

Bramish England
Master
Master

Just saw Kick Ass

Post by Bramish » Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

We also considered Date Night but I resent paying €8 to see a film that is not going to lose anything from being watched at home on a smaller screen.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just saw Kick Ass

Post by Tatt » Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm

I saw Kick Ass last night; totally irreverant and awesome. As Bramish said the mood, pace and effects are spot on. And I was laughing my ass off all the way through.

"If they kill me now I'll never do all those things I want to achieve in life. I'll never find out what happens in Lost."

Inspired.

Andreas

Was This Topic Useful?