Learning Hebrew

Questions about studying (at Uni) or learning (at schools) in Vienna.
vorlesser

Learning Hebrew

Post by vorlesser »

Hello!

Am just wondering, does anyone know if there is any Jewish Community Centre or 'place' where I can learn Hebrew, here in Wien?

Thx!

morgenhund EUROPEAN_UNION
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Learning Hebrew

Post by morgenhund »

I would have thought that any Volkshochschule would have an elementary course in Hebrew, although the question is whether there is any course with English as the instruction language rather German unless you speak German.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
vorlesser

Learning Hebrew

Post by vorlesser »

Well...sadly..my German is still at the Intermediate level..so a course in the English medium would be very much helpful for me though...

I tried to ask 3-4 language schools around, sadly they dont do Hebrew.
DanMan
Luminary
Luminary

Learning Hebrew

Post by DanMan »

contact the jewish community in vienna: http://www.ikg-wien.at/static/etis/html/start.htm

they run hebrew courses for all levels
Prohibition has made nothing but trouble - Al Capone
Zeev Slovakia

Re: Learning Hebrew

Post by Zeev »

Hi, there is a big Jewish community in Vienna with a broad variety of Orthodoxies. To find a good teacher, depends if you want to learn modern day Hebrew oder biblical Hebrew. The latter I teach myself (Check my Profile at hebräisch-wien.at) and is a bit more complicated.

If you're looking for modern Day Hebrew only, you can attend the courses at Sprachenzentrum Universität Wien or Volkshochschule. But the lessons are usually in German.

all the best

Zeev