Get A Grippe

Let site users know about your latest blog posts
Robert Barratt
Expert
Expert

Get A Grippe

Post by Robert Barratt »

Part-time health czar and occasional grammarian, Robert Barratt, makes use of his enforced lockdown to bring you news about the scientific link between the Corona Virus and the importance of avoiding idiom if English is your second langauge. The phrase on everyone's lips is," we're doomed", but past experience has told us (swine flu, mad cow disease, SARS, those sharing scooters plaguing the streets of Vienna) that all we need to do is get a grip and wash our hands. On the plus side, petrol is cheap, the doctor's practices are empty and the Schools might be closed next week. Read more here, especially if you are in self-isolation:

https://rjbvienna.com/2020-2/get-a-grippe

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Get A Grippe

Post by morgenhund »

Today I have become officially part of "social distancing". I just wonder how compatible it with prove with the reality of three lively young children with boundless energy. Fervent handwashing practiced at home and work.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
curmudgeon
VIP
VIP

Re: Get A Grippe

Post by curmudgeon »

I'm being a goodish boy, in that I am obeying the rules and keeping my external activities to a minimum. I do still go shopping though for others.