Vitamins and food supplements

I have been feeling run down for about the last six weeks. Can anyone recommend any supplements etc. that I can take?

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
London_townboy England

Vitamins and food supplements

Post by London_townboy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 am

I realise part of it is also winter-related. What does anyone else take as supplements etc to get them through when feeling run down? And where do you buy them from? Do you need a prescription?

Bright suggestions welcomed.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Vitamins and food supplements

Post by morgenhund » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:37 am

I'd suggest getting a blood test done. Did it a few years back initially and do so every six months now as a matter of course. In addition to keeping cholesterol levels in check, it also tells me for example what my Vitamin D levels are like. Back in 2017, I was prescribed daily drops of Vitamin D, due to lack of daylight in my office. I changed to Dekristol 20,000 units, a capsule you take once a week and my vitamin D levels are normal all year round now. a box of 50 capsules costs about a EUR 35 - but that does you for nearly a year. I also take Cetebe forte to try to keep my resistance up. 120 capsules are about EUR 20 from memory. The quack at work has suggested Defendyn, which doesn't require a prescription, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Was This Topic Useful?