Best Asian restaurants

Looking for really good Asian restaurants in Vienna - Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
outta_busan

Best Asian restaurants

Post by outta_busan »

After having lived in the Far East, I have yet to find some really good Asian places. There are a few dodgy looking Chinese restaurants round here. Am happy to travel across town to find good Asian food. Like Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean.

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Best Asian restaurants

Post by morgenhund »

Not sure if my tips will meet expectations. I have only visited the region rather than having lived there.

Japanese:
Mochi - 2nd district

Thai:
Patara - 1st district

Vietnamese Street Food or Pho:
Pho 33 - 9th district

Chinese:
Mister Xiao - 18th district
Yang - 19th district
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
outta_busan

Post by outta_busan »

For the Chinese you mention, what is so good about it/them?
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Post by morgenhund »

outta_busan wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:17 am
For the Chinese you mention, what is so good about it/them?
Both Mister Xiao and Yang are in my neck of the woods and get a lot of custom despite being tucked away. They had both been around for years. Yang is very good for Cantonese which is not so prevalent in Vienna.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
sarahlovespandas

Post by sarahlovespandas »

Hi,
I have no idea how it measures up, but we love Ebi (https://www.ebi-vienna.at). There are a few different branches in Vienna now, but we always go to the 21st district because the place is huge and the staff are very friendly. It's à la carte but all you can eat, and there is a big buffet as well, with salad, soup, warm dishes, puddings and ice cream. They have sushi and cooked food, with plenty of vegetarian and some vegan dishes.