Relocating to Austria /Registration question

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
MarbleWhite

Relocating to Austria /Registration question

Post by MarbleWhite »

Hi,

I have searched through the topics already posted, but could not find something similar to my situation, therefore I will try to explain it in short terms: I was offered a job in Vienna by an Austrian company and I am thinking about to accept it. I would like to move in with my girlfriend but I don't know exactly which are the possibilities for her to register with the authorities in Vienna as resident since we are not married yet or legally registered under any civil partnership.

We are both EU/EEA citizens and while for me I am not concerned about the registration process, I do however think about her possibilities to legally live with me until she finds a job. She is currently student and would require to travel back home from time to time for at least a year, to finish her studies. She cannot transfer her degree program in Viena therefore the situation of registering her for a student permit is not applicable.
Which are the options she would have, given the circumstances? Is there any possibility for me to register her, similar to those who register their family members ? Also which are the odds that she could be fined for staying more than 3 months consecutively with me? Failing to register implies also other risks? Sorry for the long post and hope somebody can clear my doubts.

Thanks in advance.

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Relocating to Austria /Registration question

Post by morgenhund »

Apparently co-insurance works for steady relationships of more than a year, from what someone in a British in Austria group was saying.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
MarbleWhite

Post by MarbleWhite »

morgenhund wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:34 pm
Apparently co-insurance works for steady relationships of more than a year, from what someone in a British in Austria group was saying.
Thank you for your reply.
Is there described the way this "steady relationships" can be proven?
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Post by morgenhund »

Apparently from living together elsewhere or moved to Vienna together.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.