Golf

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
pugofwar

Golf

Post by pugofwar »

Any golfers out there looking for a golf buddy?

Now that I'm firmly in my mid-thirties it seems like a good time to get back into golf. I played a lot at school and university but haven't been back on the course much since then. I never seem to meet anyone who plays golf here (maybe I mix with the wrong crowd), but it would be great to find someone to play a round or two with on a semi regular basis!

I'd be happy knocking it around the crappy nine-holers near the city or going further afield to explore the decent championship courses.

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Golf

Post by morgenhund »

Not sure how soon the courses will be reopening.

Update 15.04: courses may be allowed to reopen from start of May according to Kogler's PK today.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
pugofwar

Post by pugofwar »

Not a particularly helpful comment.

If anyone out there is interested in finding a golf buddy (for when the courses reopen...) then feel free to reply! :)
Robert Barratt
Expert
Expert

Post by Robert Barratt »

One thing to remember is that you usually need an official handicap or what they call here a"Platzreifen" especially to play the better courses. Even the "crappy" nine holers. Having said that, there is a course at Laab to the west of the city (more a glorified pitch and putt) where I never had to show mine. That said, it is more a course for beginners and learners although it is quite nice to improve your short game. But even golf clubs like this one https://www.gcachau.at on the way to Laxenburg in the south (not really crappy but a simple nine hole park course) it is necessary to have one. Having said that, with the lockdown perhaps they might relax the rules a bit.