Any credit cards with CSV/OFX statements?

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
psychonaut

Any credit cards with CSV/OFX statements?

Post by psychonaut »

For the last ten years I've been using an Amazon-branded credit card from Landesbank Berlin (LBB). Their online system allowed you to download your monthly credit card statement as a CSV file, which I found was really useful for importing into personal finance software. Unfortunately, last month they overhauled their web interface and now statements are available only as PDFs, not in any computer-readable format. I'm not about to start manually typing in dozens of transactions into my accounting software every month, so I'm on the lookout for a new credit card.

Does anyone know of a bank offering a Visa or MasterCard credit card (preferably one with a small or nonexistent yearly fee) where I can download the monthly statements in a computer-readable format such as CSV or OFX?

I checked with my current bank, ING. They do offer a credit card but they've confirmed to me that the statements cannot be downloaded as anything other than PDF files.

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Any credit cards with CSV/OFX statements?

Post by morgenhund »

I used to export my card complete card statements through Elba (Raiffeisen), which allowed csv files, but not done it for a while.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

Just a thought, might Revolut or N26 be options?
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
psychonaut

Post by psychonaut »

morgenhund wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:31 pm
I used to export my card complete card statements through Elba (Raiffeisen), which allowed csv files, but not done it for a while.
I take it that Elba is the name of Raiffeisen's online banking system? If so, then this is good news; I'll write to Raiffeisen and ask if they still have the CSV export functionality.
psychonaut

Post by psychonaut »

morgenhund wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:32 pm
From what I can tell from their websites, these are online banks that use a smartphone app as the interface. These won't work for me as I don't have a smartphone (and even if I did, I would prefer not to run proprietary software on it).
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

psychonaut wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm
morgenhund wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:31 pm
I take it that Elba is the name of Raiffeisen's online banking system? If so, then this is good news; I'll write to Raiffeisen and ask if they still have the CSV export functionality.
Just checked and from Mein Elba (the new online banking system) the CSV download only seems to work for bank accounts (Gehaltskonto, Sparkonten) and not for card complete credit cards added to Mein Elba.

The old ELBA interface is being retired on 30 April.
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

psychonaut wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm
morgenhund wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:32 pm
From what I can tell from their websites, these are online banks that use a smartphone app as the interface. These won't work for me as I don't have a smartphone (and even if I did, I would prefer not to run proprietary software on it).
Yes you do need a smartphone, so I guess that does rule them out. With Revolut I do like the fact that there is an option to send yourself a statement by e-mail for between two dates.
psychonaut

Post by psychonaut »

morgenhund wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 am
Just checked and from Mein Elba (the new online banking system) the CSV download only seems to work for bank accounts (Gehaltskonto, Sparkonten) and not for card complete credit cards added to Mein Elba.
Yeah—coincidentally I just got a reply from Raiffeisen confirming that this feature is not yet available, though they are working it:
Raiffeisen wrote:die Kreditkartenumsätze sind derzeit noch kein Teil von Mein ELBA. Unsere Entwickler arbeiten mit Hochdruck daran, diese so bald wie möglich integrieren zu können.
psychonaut

Post by psychonaut »

I also shot off a query to BAWAG P.S.K. about their Kreditkarte WEISS. They replied in the affirmative:
BAWAG P.S.K. wrote:Ja, Umsatzlisten können im BAWAG P.S.K. eBanking auch als CSV-Datei heruntergeladen werden. Die Anforderung einer OFX-Datei ist nicht möglich.