Moving from UK to Vienna

Moving from UK to Vienna

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
Zoran

Moving from UK to Vienna

Post by Zoran »

I am a UK citizen planning to semi-retire in Vienna before the end of the Brexit transitional period.

I wonder if anyone has advice and information about financial planning related to the move, especially accountancy, tax, banking, and pension planning and investments? I would also be grateful if you can recommend accountants and financial advisers with expertise in the UK-Austria interface.

Thanks,
Zoran

morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Answers: 1

Re: Moving from UK to Vienna

Post by morgenhund »

Would suggest you get in touch with deloitte who run a lot of the kind of tax seminars that you are likely to require. They might be being run online. Also the expat center of the Vienna Business Agency are likely to have the best contacts.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.
Zoran

Post by Zoran »

Thanks Morgen, I will look up these companies.
I am also hoping that some British expats here will be able to share their experience and have personal recommendations.
morgenhund
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund »

Zoran - I would also suggest if you are on facebook to join the group British in Austria

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BritishAustria/